USE AND CARE
To keep your Steuben brilliant and clear we recommend the following care:
- Do not expose to rapid temperature changes or extremes of temperature.
- Do not place in the microwave, oven, dishwasher or freezer.
- Avoid placing in direct sunlight.
- For best results, avoid contact with metal utensils when stirring or serving.
- For candlesticks, do not secure candles with molten wax or allow candles to burn within three inches of the candle cup. If wax does adhere to the candlestick, clean gently with denatured alcohol.
- Avoid contact with hard or abrasive materials.
- Avoid packing Steuben in newspaper or other moisture-absorbing materials for long periods of time; soft cloth or bubble wrap is preferable.
- Hand wash Steuben using a non-abrasive cleaner in warm water. You may wish to cushion sink with a towel or rubber mat.
- If stains appear on the vessel, gently rub with a half a lemon, wash with vinegar, or soak the interior with powdered dentifrice dissolved in lukewarm water.
- In areas with very hard water and high mineral content, distilled water will help prevent staining.
- To dry, use a soft, lint-free cloth or air dry.
- To avoid scratching, dust Steuben with a soft, lint-free cloth dampened in a mild ammonia solution.